VERY SHORT, MOST EFFECTIVE AND HOW TRUE…
30 second Speech by Bryan Dyson (Former CEO of Coca Cola)
Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air. You name them – Work, Family, Health, Friends and Spirit and you’re keeping all of these in the Air.
You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four Balls – Family, Health, Friends and Spirit – are made of glass. If you drop one of these; they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for it.”
Work efficiently during office hours and leave on time. Give the required time to your family, friends and have proper rest.
Value has a value only if its value is valued.
What is your view point on the above message?
Are you having a proper work life balance? If no then do ponder on the same.
We need to give proper time to each of the 5 core areas of our life.
Are you giving proper time to each of these areas?
– Work is the bread and butter of life. So you have to allocate proper time for this area. But never overdo it or else you will find missing the fun and entertainment in the other areas.
– Work smart and leave on time.
– Enjoy and have fun at whatever job /work that you do. This will get reflected in your performance or productivity.
– Maintain good relations with everyone in your office as it will lead to good team spirit. There will be sharing and caring and better solutions to any problems.
- Ensure that you spend some quality time together with your family.
- Remember that “Family is not an important thing, it is Everything”.
- The time spent with family is worth every second.
- Do take proper care of your health as “Health is Wealth”
- Do regular health check- ups and know your health score.
- Take medication on time.
- Do find time to practice yoga, meditation, jogging, exercise or simple walking on a daily basis
- Be Happy and Be Healthy as happiness is the highest form of health
- Friends are the backbone of your life.
- Friends are there
- to celebrate our joys,
- to share our sorrows,
- to build our confidence,
- to make us smile,
- to give us courage,
- to support us in all times,
- to give us a patient hearing,
- to comfort us on difficult days,
- to give us a hug when needed,
- and many many more
- It denotes the spiritual side of our life which reflects in our morals, our ethics, our passion and other values of life.
Just check with yourself as to which of the above area is being neglected by you. Consciously take some time off for that particular activity.